this year, the “Image-Guided Interventions Conference (IGIC)“ takes place for the 4th time and will be hosted by the research campus M²OLIE in Mannheim on the 4th and 5th of November 2019. This year’s main topic is “Digitalization in Medicine”.
Particularly in the case of image-guided, robot-assisted interventions, which are at the center of scientific research in both of the research campi – M²OLIE – Mannheim Molecular Intervention Environment and STIMULATE – Solution Centre for Image Guided Local Therapies – the topic of digitalization in medicine is of paramount importance. At both locations, novel and diverse approaches are being developed to meet the growing challenge of storing, evaluating and providing various data generated during diagnosis and therapy of patients during their hospital stay.
The two research campi M²OLIE und STIMULATE cordially invite all interested scientists, physicians and engineers to present and discuss the latest research results and to exchange experience.
The topics of this year’s conference:
1. Multi-dimensional Data Acquisition and Analysis
2. New Techniques for clinical Image-guided Interventions
3. Intelligent Systems in the Intervention Room
4. Digital Lab: ePathology and molecular Diagnostics
5. Data analytics and Artificial Intelligence
In addition, we are organizing a panel discussion on „Digital Physician – From Therapy Decisions to Digital Aftercare“.
Start-up companies will have the opportunity to present their innovative solutions in all topic areas. Furthermore, all interested participants will be offered a workshop on “how to found a startup company?”
- Ulrike Attenberger (Mannheim)
- Frank Giordano (Mannheim)
- Bram van Ginneken (Nijmegen)
- Johannes Haybäck (Magdeburg)
- Christian Hieronimi (München)
- Tri Tien Viet Huynh (Kopenhagen)
- Christof von Kalle (Berlin)
- Sebastian Kuhn (Mainz)
- Myra Spiliopoulou (Magdeburg)
- Jacques Marescaux (Straßburg)
- Stefanie Speidel (Dresden)
- Frank Wacker (Hannover)
- Markus Thorsten Wenzel (Bremen)
Please click here for further information.
The congress presidents
- Prof. Dr. Steffen Diehl, Research Campus M²OLIE
- Prof. Dr. Frank Zöllner, Research Campus M²OLIE
- Jun.-Prof. Dr. Christian Hansen, Research Campus STIMULATE